The new Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
$2000 per month for 4 months (April – July, 2020)
You are eligible if:
- You reside in Canada and are at least 15 years old;
- You made a minimum of $5,000 in 2019;
- You stopped working because of COVID-19 or are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefits;
- Are or expect to be without employment or self-employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period
Where to sign up:
Applications start on April 6th, please us this link. To simplify the process, the government is asking that applications are made by birth month as follows:
- If you were born in January, February, or March, apply on April 6
- If you were born in April, May, or June, apply on April 7
- If you were born in July, August, or September, apply on April 8
- If you were born in October, November, or December, apply on April 9
Increased Canada Child Benefit
Parents will be eligible to receive an additional $300 per child which will be included in their May payment. Parents who are already signed up for the Canada Child Benefit do not need to re-apply. For those who are not signed up, go here.
Special Goods and Services Tax credit payment
Close to $400 for single individuals and close to $600 per couple.
This is a one-time payment that will start on April 9th through the Goods & Services Tax credit. It is being targeted to low- and modest-income families. There is no need to apply, if you are eligible, you will get it automatically with your tax return.