We’re a network of organizations committed to helping ASOs achieve impact!
HIV Resources Ontario is a network of capacity building organizations whose mandate includes offering free training, assistance, and information dissemination to community-based AIDS Service Organisations across the province. Our network partners help organizations like yours implement and sustain a high-impact approach to HIV prevention and support.
Capacity building assistance is not one-size-fits-all. If you’re an interested ASO, please don’t hesitate to review our list of network partners below and reach out to any organization you feel might suit your needs. We look forward to connecting with and supporting you in any way we can.
Our network partners
Women & HIV/AIDS Initiative is an initiative, located in 16 regions across Ontario, working to strengthen the capacity of communities to support women living with HIV and those who face systemic and structural risk factors for HIV acquisition. WHAI uses a Collective Impact approach to work at effecting change across Ontario. You can read more about it here. WHAI’s goals are to reduce HIV transmission among women, enhance community capacity to address HIV, and build safer environments to support women and their HIV related needs. WHAI does this by:
- Partnering with local community organizations to increase their capacity to respond to women’s HIV related needs.
- Providing consultation and advice to local organizations, as requested.
- Facilitating or leading local initiatives to serve as a catalyst for the integration of HIV into programs and planning.
- Providing HIV related information to service providers in the community, at local community events, forums or conferences.
- Distributing resource material and other HIV prevention tools (safer sex materials, information, condoms, etc.) to community agencies serving women.
- Providing HIV-related referrals to local community organizations and strengthens the relationship between the local HIV sector and other women-serving sectors.
To get more information about our work, see whai.ca
To connect with a local WHAI worker, visit: whai.ca/contact-us/
To see events happening across Ontario related to women and HIV, visit whai.ca/whai_events/
To find resources by WHAI, visit whai.ca/resources/
Molly Bannerman, Director